Looking back on my cruise this past December, I realized that was probably the most adventurous, active and exciting thing that I’ve done in a while. Going parasailing over the Bahamian waters, laying out under the sun on the Lido deck, visiting different countries and trying unforgettable foods. Im not expecting to have that type of experience every day, but I definitely need to seek more opportunites to explore new things. 2018 has been full of finding a job and working and I literally let 5 months go by without actually enjoying the post-college life. Luckily, summer is right around the corner and I still have several opportunites to enjoy the second half of my 2018.
My summer bucket list is about trying new things but also re-visiting past experiences. Even the simplest things can bring the most joy.
My 2018 Summer Bucket List:
Go to an amusement park (Literally one of my favorite things to do!)
- Go to the zoo/aquarium
- Go to the beach
- Do something I wouldn’t usually do/prefer to do (i.e camping, iceskating, bungee jumping)
Go to a vegan restaurant
- Create a ton of lunches and go to downtown Houston and feed the homeless
- Go to Escape Room
- Have an unforgettable 23rd birthday
- Have at least 6 books (of my 10 book-goal) read by the end of July
- Develop a green thumb! I’ve had an urge to grow something recently, specifically spices
- Go to a poetry lounge (I’ve never been….and I call myself a writer. smh.)
- Create a summer-themed Instagram feed
- Make home-made rosewater
As time goes on I’m almost sure that this list will be more substantial. I get inspired very easily and the post grad-life gets you thinking that you have to live your life to the fullest because you’re only seconds away from sitting at a desk for the rest of your life. Don’t mean to sound grim, and hopefully that’s not all your career consists of, but you obtain a different mindset after you graduate from college.
Live ya life, sis. It’s yours.